Miriam Weber Brown
Available for Booking Throughout the Greater Columbus, Ohio Area
Classy, romantic, elegant, mesmerizing. Those are just a few adjectives that have been used to describe the harp music produced by Miriam Weber Brown.
As a professional harpist, Miriam regularly performs for weddings, fundraisers, grand openings, corporate events and private parties in the Greater Columbus area. Notable engagements have included Columbus Zoo and Easter Seals fundraisers and receptions for OSU President Gee, ice skater Peggy Fleming and mime Marcel Marceau.
In addition, Miriam’s long-term engagements have included Franklin Park Conservatory Candlelight Tours, as well as Sunday brunches at the Hyatt Regency for five years and Cameron Mitchell’s FiftyFive at Crosswoods for eight years. While maintaining her full performance schedule, Miriam has also taught elementary music at Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools for 25 years.
From Bach to Beatles to Broadway, Miriam’s extensive musical repertoire includes:
- Jazz Standards
- Pop of all Decades
- Holiday Selections
- Special Requests
Piano lessons in the 4th Grade were the beginning of a robust music career for Miriam, a Wittenberg University graduate with a Bachelor of Music Education with an emphasis in piano and harp. Miriam’s harp studies continued with Jean Harriman, OSU instructor and CSO harpist, and additional studies were completed with Alice Chalifoux at the Salzedo Summer Harp Colony.
Today, Miriam continues honing her skills by attending harp festivals, conferences and workshops across the country – including Lyon & Healy’s Jazz & Pop Festivals and The American Harp Society National Conferences. She has extensive background in Kodaly (Capital University), Orff (OSU) and Dalcroze (Carnegie-Mellon) music studies, and is currently on the faculty at CCPC Music Academy in Westerville as piano teacher.
- Published twice in Harp Column magazine:
* “Harpin’ Safe & Sound” article
* “Going Steady” article, covering Miriam’s steady Sunday brunch engagement
- Published in WOSU’s AirFare magazine:
* Feature article describing Miriam’s assignment to students to “Make Time for
Music” during dinner
- Workshop Presentations for the AHS Columbus Chapter Conference presenting “A Company of Chords” and Gahanna Schools’ Young Authors Conference, presenting “Verse to Song”.
- Served as vice-president and secretary of the Columbus Chapter of the American Harp Society
- Experience Columbus
- Wedding Professionals of Columbus
- American Harp Society
- OMTA (Ohio Music Teachers Association)
- The National Guild of Piano Teachers
- MENC (Music Educator’s National Conference)